raving healthy Thai food without all the sugar and carbs? This rich and spicy low carb soup will warm you up.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion,chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken bone broth such as Pacific Foods
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk, full fat
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (use Red Boat for paleo)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges
- In a large sauce pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat until melted and shimmering. Add onions and sauté until just translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeño, curry paste and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth and coconut milk, whisking until fully combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and add red pepper, chicken and fish sauce. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Divide zoodles among 8 soup bowls and ladle soup over; the heat of the soup will make the zoodles tender. If you are not serving it all at once, only use enough zoodles for each bowl of soup you are serving. The rest will keep well in a covered container for a day.
- Serve each with a squeeze of lime.
Serves 8. Each serving has 8.91 g of carbs and 1.62 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 7.29 g.
Food energy: 271kcal Saturated fatty acids: 12.49g Total fat: 14.92g Calories from fat: 134 Cholesterol: 51mg Carbohydrate: 8.91g Total dietary fiber: 1.62g Protein: 24.42g Sodium: 837mg
vFollow us : Keto and Low Carb Facebook Group