Do you have white spots on your nails or are the corners of your mouth frequently cracked? These are primarily signs that you are lacking some essential nutrients in your body, but Charlie Watts, a blogger over at the Healthista website says that there is a direct connection between such typical malnutrition and stress.
Of course, stress has become a part of our lifestyle these days, and almost all of us have to suffer from daily stress. Unfortunately in so doing, the body uses up these nutrients at a much faster rate than normal.
Charlie mentions 7 signs of stress that may show you are suffering from stress and tells us what sort of malnutrition they point at. These are:
1. Cracks at the side of the mouth. This is a sign that you need Vitamin B6. Foods such as carrots, chicken, eggs, fish, meat, and so on are good sources.
2. Jaw grinding or Bruxism is a sign that you lack Vitamin B5. Foods that can supplement it are almost the same as above.
3. White spots on nails shows a lack of zinc. Fish, meat sunflower and pumpkin seeds, shellfish, crab and cheddar cheese can help restore a normal level.
4. Alternating diarrhea and constipation may be due to a lack of magnesium. Buckwheat, nuts, soybeans, dark green vegetables, carrots, peas are some of the foods which are rich in this mineral.
5. Bleeding Gums indicate a need for Vitamin C. The main sources for this vitamin are citrus fruits, berries, green vegetables, pineapples, radish, and strawberries and so on.
6. Hard pimples on top of thighs and arms shows a deficiency in Vitamin E. Cold-pressed vegetable oils, dark green leafy vegetables, legumes, watercress, eggs, meat, and kelp are some of the foods you can include in your diet to help.
7. Frequent throat and chest infections are telling you that you need Vitamin A. Foods rich in this vitamin include animal livers, fish liver oils and green, red, orange and yellow fruits and vegetables.
Source : http://www.healthista.com